Friday, March 6, 2009

it's all there....



what photography has taught me is that, if u start to see like a photographer, u'll discover things... magical things.  things that u never knew were there are there... just waiting to be discovered...

take sunsets... most of us know how beautiful sunsets are.  do we?  i've been taking many many sunset photos n what really amazed me is that they all different.. i mean really different.  n the excitement that u feel when u see those sunset rays through the barrel of the camera lens is special.  the changes in colour n texture in that few minutes of the last phase of the sunset are fast n furious.  they r exhilirating.  they made my heart beats a little bit faster...

same thing with birds... i didn't even know that there r at least 12 different species of birds living in n around my house compound.  n boy, what beautiful creatures they r.  n now wherever i go, i
see birds.. n i hear them too.. singing my blues away.. curious...

n u can go on n on... even things society generally labels as ugly can be captured as beautiful...  i was in bintulu recently n saw this empty oil drums n i thought "wow.. this is a good photographic opportunity"... here's proof.
  n if not for this interest in photography, i would just ignore this "beauty"...

n here's the final point... once u r sensitised to this environment around u, u will find how beautiful this place of ours is.  i luv it!  n u will too...

so what r u waiting for... grab that camera n start discovering... god bless...

1 comment:

  1. Bro....an interesting piece....I totally agree with you...however my wife complained that this hobby...since taking a lot of time for shooting and surfing flickr.....is for a person with no job and resposibility.....I guess I need to balance it up with my work and family....

    ReplyDelete